Sunday, February 26, 2012

Disney's Princess Half and my own progress!


Congrats to all of the Princesses who ran in the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon this morning! I was on twitter all morning watching the pace times, the pictures from the course, and tweets from the spectators who were cheering them on. it's gotten me really pumped to not only keep up with my training for the 5K during wine and dine weekend but to also start thinking about doing a half next year! :) I don't think i'll be ready for the wine and dine half but I definitely think I can do either the princess half or the wine and dine half next year!

I've been making some serious progress in my 5K training. So far my best time has been 3.1 miles in 39:00mins. And I have a picture to prove it! (Yes I am that freak that you see at the gym that takes pictures with their phone) I had to push really really hard to get the 39:00mins but normally i'm always somewhere in between 39:00 and 40:00mins. For not being a runner I think thats pretty good! 

I've decided once I get comfortable with the 3.1miles I'm going to start doing the Jeff Galloway program for getting ready for a half. I feel like if I can do a half marathon, just one, I'll feel totally and completely accomplished. I will be honest in saying that sometimes I have a tendency to start things and not finish them. It's like the second I start getting into something, I become afraid of failure and just stop before I can fail. This is something i'm going to make sure I do, and see through! 

Again Congratulations to all the runners who made it through the Princess Half today! You are all a major inspiration!!



No comments:

Post a Comment