Monday, February 27, 2012

The Joy of Alex and Ani





I'd like to take this time to write about a new product that I LOVE! I was turned onto this line of jewelry from a co-worker and I am so glad she told me about it! It is call the Alex and Ani Collection. They have bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and rings. All of the jewelry is made in the good 'ole USA, which makes me happy. The idea of buying something American made and putting money into our own economy makes me feel good. All of their jewelry is beautiful which makes it very easy for me to buy it too! 


The Alex and Ani brand has been featured in magazines like Elle, Glamour, and Vogue. Their jewelry comes with charms that are made to inspire and be unique to the person wearing them. They are made with recycled material and are eco-friendly which is AWESOME! All of the jewelry is infused with positive energy as well. I was going to try and paraphrase how they do it but I think their website says it best...


ALEX AND ANI – POSITIVE ENERGY

Alex and Ani embraces the power of positive energy as a core company belief.  We have made it our mission to share the benefits of positive energy through the unique beauty and symbolism of our products.
Inspired by the wisdom of ancient thinkers, Alex and Ani researched the most effective methods of infusing our products with the positive energy that ancients refer to as vital force. 
In the cutting edge field of subtle energy, scientists have developed technologies that have the ability to mix the subtle energy of the universe with vital force.
Subtle energy is still working its way up within the current scientific paradigm. Ancient and modern traditions refer to human energies as many names such as chi, prana, etheric energy, life force, zero point energy, homeopathic resonance, etc.
The research on energy reveals that it contributes to many measurable phenomena not currently explained by conventional science. While we may not physically see this energy, we can see and feel its effects.
Vital force is understood to be the key principle or animating force within living beings. In French Philosopher and Nobel Prize Recipient Henri Bergson's theory, vital force is independent of physical and chemical forces, regarded as being causative in the evolution and development of living organisms.
Alex and Ani’s revolutionary process of blending vital force and universal energy into each product is an important step in our mission of spreading positive energy worldwide.




I currently own two single charm bracelets.. An anchor and a compass. The anchor symbolizes hope, tranquility, and stability. The compass symbolizes objective, direction, and transition. I'm not going to get into the reasons why I picked these two to wear but they do mean something to me. I find that whenever I'm thinking about something, or trying to make a decision, or just start feeling a little anxious about something I simply look at them or run my fingers over them and it reminds me to take a step back and relax. I know it sounds corny and some make think its my mind playing tricks on me but I feel like they are special. Wearing something that is a constant reminder of who you are as an individual and inspires you to be the person you want to be is a pretty cool concept!







They have tons and tons of charms and all of their jewelry is so pretty! I get compliments on my bracelets all the time! Go check out their website http://www.alexandani.com/ Let me know if you pick some up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment