Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 2 - Ready Set Go (Part 2)

Ok... Where were we?? Ah yes... the journey back to Wilderness Lodge! One of the best things about staying at the Wilderness Lodge (in my opinion) are the boat launches that go right from Magic Kingdom. It is so relaxing after running around the park.

We walked over to the Wilderness Lodge Villas and found our room. We had an ok view... it wasn't of the woods or the pool area... it was facing more towards the main building. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't that great either. Luckily our luggage had already made its way into our room. I laid out our "dress up" clothes for our dinner reservation and jumped in the shower. It felt so good to finally clean up after all the travel and running around we'd been doing. I got out of the shower to find Adam completely passed out on the bed. Poor guy was exhausted. We had enough time before our dining reservation so I let him nap while I finished getting ready.

After a few attempts to wake Adam, he got ready and we were heading out to the Yacht Club Resort to have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Since we didn't rent a car we were at the mercy of the Disney World bus system. We waited a LONG time for a hollywood studios bus to show up but once it did we were on our way. When we arrived at the studios we saw how long the wait for the friendship boats were and decided we'd take a leisurely walk to the yacht club. Although my feet were killing me, I was hungry, exhausted, and hot I must say I do love that walk along the river. We saw a lot of the places we took pictures after our wedding last year, it brought back some good memories.

We finally arrived at the yacht club (beat the friendship boat i might add) and headed to the steakhouse. I don't know why I didn't take pictures here but I didn't and totally wished I did. The decor was so beautiful! After we checked in with the host we sat in the bar while we waited to be called. I ordered an Eco-Tini which i highly recommend, it was delicious AND it came with an awesome acai berry seed bracelet, which i still am wearing. The wait wasn't long and before we could finish our drinks we were lead to our table.

The service at the Yachtsman steak house is superb! The food was equally as amazing! I think I was so excited to be eating something other than a Dunkin Doughnuts bagel that I just inhaled my dinner before I got to take a picture of it. Adam and I both highly recommend that you try Yachtsman steakhouse. The food, service, and theming exude an air of class and sophistication that I think adults traveling to Disney World would really appreciate.

After dinner we headed to the lighthouse dock to catch the friendship boat back to hollywood studios. There was one thing and one thing only that I HAD to do this trip and that was the newly refurbished Star Tours. If you don't know i'm a HUGE star wars fan and i'd been watching the updates about the star tour refurb closely. I could hardly wait to get on the ride! Adam and I ran over and jumped right in line. The stand by wait time was only 15 mins so we totally lucked out. I love the new updates that were done to the queue! I found myself walking really slowly so I didn't miss anything. When we got up to the loading area Adam and I were put right in the front row of our star speeder.



I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't ridden it yet but the new star tours was totally incredible! I didn't stop smiling the entire time and even after it was over I was still totally amped up. Adam is not at all a Star Wars person (he actually never saw all of the films and has no desire to) but he even said the attraction was awesome. 

We browsed the star tour gift shop for a while before we headed back to the streets of hollywood studios. I wanted to do the backlot tour but since it was so late they stopped running it. The queue for toy story mainia was insanely long and there were no more fast passes left so we decided against that... we headed back over to the big blue sorcerer mickey hat and Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers were playing! We stopped and watched their whole performance. They were so good! We had such a blast singing along to the songs.


After their performance it was getting close to closing time for hollywood studios and we were getting pretty tired. Our stomaches were still too full to do Tower of Terror or Rock'n'roller coaster, so to close out the night we did one of my most favorite attractions, The Great Movie ride. As cheesy as it is, I really love all that The Great Movie ride represents and the classic movies that it pays homage to. I was glad this was the way we ended our first day at Walt Disney World.


Good night hollywood studios!

I don't remember the bus ride back to the Wilderness Lodge, or the walk to the room. But some how we made it and we passed out instantly. The next day was going to be equally as exhausting, but just as fun! 

I hope you're all enjoying my little trip report. If i'm going too fast, or too slow, or you want to know more about our dinner at yachtsman steakhouse, or the wilderness lodge please let me know! And feel free to comment and let you know you read Day 2!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment