Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey guys! I will be back to writing my trip report soon I promise! I hope you've all had a great thanksgiving weekend.

This weekend Adam and I had some nice quality time together. We had a few bumps in the road with some family members but all in all it was a very nice holiday! There was good food to be had, and some much needed laughs. We've learned that the good times and the good people are all that matter when it comes to the holidays.




Adam and I went to go see "The Muppets". It was awesome! We laughed and laughed and some happy tears were shed by me. So many people wrote positive reviews about the movie and I agree with most of them, so instead of writing a review that would be redundant of others I will tell you what I learned from The Muppets. The plot is about how the muppets need to reunite in order to save their studios from an evil oil tycoon. They all went their separate ways and there is a significant strain between Kermit and Piggy. There is a scene where Kermit is talking to Piggy and their relationship... He says "Maybe getting everyone to love you isn't what matters. Maybe just getting one person to love you is enough" (or something along those lines) This spoke volumes to me. This is why I totally loved the muppets as a kid and now as an adult. They just did what they loved regardless of what other people thought. Let's face it Fozzi's jokes aren't always the best but we love them anyway! Who cares if not everyone gets their humor or their talent... the fans they have LOVE it! On a personal level this quote (which I hope I got right) got me thinking about my own hang ups with people. Instead of focusing on the people that you don't click with or that you don't have the best relationship with, I need to focus on the people that I know care about me and love me without me having to ask for it. There were many life lessons in "The Muppets" that I think kids and adults could learn from.  I really hope that this movie spawns more Muppet productions in the world. Who knows.. maybe if it makes enough money this weekend we'll see a revival of "The Muppet Show"..... hey I can dream right?

I'm going to start writing up my next trip report blog post and hopefully have it up by Wednesday. This week is going to be busy for me at work but I'm hoping i'll have enough time to get it posted :) In the meantime tell me... how was your thanksgiving??




No comments:

Post a Comment