Sunday, December 4, 2011

We're on a BOAT!!...Almost

Good Morning and Happy Sunday everyone! I know I've taken a couple posts to write about other things but its time to get back to the trip report.

This was our first Disney Cruise, which means this is the first trip report I've ever done for a cruise. Writing trip reports about Disney World is always so easy and interesting because we're always out in the parks doing something. With the cruise we were vacationing at a much slower pace. That's not to say that we didn't do tons of stuff... it was just tons of stuff with lots of relaxation in between. The other thing (which I will get into shortly) is that my poor Adam got sick. Not seasick but he got a nasty cold that left him a bit cranky, and he didn't want to do a whole lot the first couple days onboard. The reason I'm saying all this is so that I can prepare you.. I don't know how good this is going to be! hahaha!

October 1st, as I'm sure you know, was the 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom. I woke up that morning knowing that we would be heading to the boat in a few hours. We got a letter from the Magical Express Department telling us that a cast member would be coming to our room by 8am to pick up our luggage and they would be transporting it to the ship. I, of course, was up at 6am and I worked tirelessly to get everything together. A pile of stuff we needed to board the ship, and a pile that could go with the cast member. While I was doing that I was constantly checking my twitter feed reading about all the cool things that were going to be happening at Magic Kingdom today. It was very cool that even though I was not at the park I was still able to feel like I was participating. I finished packing and put the bags by the door. I tested the waters and tried to wake Adam. He wasn't moving! He also was sniffling and coughing... uh oh. I tried not to read too much into it and jumped in the shower to get ready.

When I was all ready I waited around until the cast member came to pick up our luggage. When he left I tried one more time to wake sleeping beauty. That failed so I left him a note telling him I was going for a walk and off I went. I really do love these walks alone that I have when I'm in WDW. This becomes true also on the ship... you'll find out later that since Adam was not up to doing many things on the ship due to being sick, I did a lot solo and I really enjoyed it!... But more on that later.

When I got to the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge Villas I noticed a big group of cast members setting something up. I walked over and asked what they were doing. They told me that since Walt loved trains they were setting up a toy train station in honor of the 40th. HOW COOL!!! They even put up a big banner saying "Happy 40th Birthday!" I looked in my purse to see if I had my camera but I didn't I left it in the room. In hind sight I wished I'd gone back to get it but at the time I didn't want to bother Adam. If anyone knows anything more about this or has a picture of it completed I would love to see it. I had literally gotten there as they were just starting to set up so I didn't see the finished product.

I left the cast members alone to finish their work and went outside. It was a beautiful day! Not too hot and there was a lovely breeze. I went over to the beach area and sat in a lounge chair to watch the boats go by bringing guests to Magic Kingdom. It was so peaceful and relaxing. There is no where I'd rather be than on that beach hearing the boat horns, and in the distance the Magic Kingdom train whistle. There is also no where more relaxing for me! I don't know about you but I always feel like nothing bad can touch me when I'm in disney.. its just too magical! hahaha

After sitting there for a while my phone rang. It was Adam and he sounded TERRIBLE! NOOOO!!!! He said he didn't feel good at all and he wanted to grab some breakfast and orange juice to see it that would help make him feel better. I told him to jump in a nice hot shower to get some steam to help with the congestion and that I'd be back in the room shortly and we'd go get breakfast.

**Before I went back to the room I went to the gift shop and bought an awesome Disney sweatshirt and tank top that matched it. It was on clearance! I knew if I went in the store with Adam he'd talk me out of it... It was my only chance! hahahaha**.......Anyway.....

Adam and I gathered all of our things after he was ready and we left the room to check out. We had to be in the lobby for the cruise at 11:00... by now it was almost 9:30. I called the front desk and told them we would be out of the room. They checked us out automatically and they told us to have a great time on our cruise. We walked over to the roaring fork to grab a quick service breakfast.

While making our way to the Roaring Fork I was tweeting (because I'm always tweeting lol) and I started talking with another awesome twitter friend of mine, Kelly. She told me that she was at the Wilderness Lodge boat launch and she would be heading over to Magic Kingdom for the 40th. I didn't want to slow down her plans knowing that with Adam being sick I didn't want to rush him around. I told her the situation and to have a good time. We got in line at the roaring fork and who comes running in? Kelly! She said the boat was on its way but she wanted to quickly say hello! I gave her a big hug and we chatted quickly. She told me to have an awesome time on the cruise and I told her to enjoy the 40th! I wish I had gotten a picture with her but it happened so fast that I wasn't even thinking! It was so cool that in two days of being at WDW I got to see three Disney friends that I talked to via twitter or Facebook and was actually able to meet them in person!

After we ate we decided to walk through the Lobby and enjoy the scenery. We sat in a couple of rocking chairs and people watched. Adam's eyes were all glossy and he was sneezing and coughing like crazy. I bought him a bottle of water and made him an airborne to drink. I felt so bad that he was so excited for this cruise and now he was miserably sick. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Before too long we saw a women come into the lobby wearing a blue jacket that said Disney Cruise Line on it and carrying a DCL clipboard. WOOHOO! Adam and I grabbed our carry-ons and went right up to her. She checked our passports and information and told us to hang out in the lobby for about 15mins while we waited for other guests and for the bus to arrive.


It was time to line up single file (I felt like a kid lining up for recess) and make our way to the Magical Express Bus. Leaving WDW was kind of hard. There were attractions I missed and I kind of wanted the opportunity to meet more friends that I knew were in the world. Dare I say that I almost felt like I was cheating on WDW but doing the Disney Cruise. Driving through the WDW main gate and saying goodbye was kind of a bummer but the bus TV's turned on and we watched a movie all about DCL and what we can do on board! This got me so excited! Definitely made the guilt of leaving melt away...

WOW... I didn't realize that I had such a busy morning lol. This post is really long and I have much more to write about. I'm going to stop here. I have pictures galore for the cruise so I promise there won't be too many more posts of all words and no picture fun.

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment