Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years EVE!!!!!

Happy New Years Eve and a belated Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Kwanza! 



I know I've been MIA for a couple weeks but family commitments, work, and the holidays got in the way a bit. Trust me when I say there were times that I wished I was blogging! :)

I have some great ideas for "Making My Fairy Tale" and one of my New Years resolutions is to blog much more often! I always feel great when I blog and writing was always a thing that I loved doing since I was in elementary school. I can be me without worrying about others judging me and I find it so much fun to share interests, trips, tips, and other fun things with people who are like minded.

Since we are saying a fond farewell to 2011, I thought it would be nice to end the year with a post recapping the things that happened to me this year that will forever remind me that amazing things do happen and every day is a new adventure that shape who we are as people.

- I joined twitter in 2011 and met some amazing people! The highlight was being able to meet some of those people in Walt Disney World this past fall. Adam and I also made friends with a couple on our cruise who were just like us... only from the midwest! We laughed and had so much fun with them! In only a weeks time I felt like we had made life long friends! We booked out next cruise together and I can't wait to see them in September 2012.

- I found a love for all things cooking. In my life I spent a good amount of time bouncing around and never got to explore my love for cooking in my own kitchen. This year however i was able to find new recipes, techniques, and a passion for cooking. I came from a home where, as a child, my dad would cook all the time and he taught me a lot. There is nothing I love more than working in the kitchen to create a delicious, healthy meal and seeing the family and friends eating it with pure bliss on their faces!

- I went out of the country!!! Up until 2011 I had only visited places along the east coast. (Disney mostly of course) But this year not only did we do our first cruise aboard the Disney Magic, but I left the country. Everything about it, from getting our passports to going through customs, was an adventure. We now have a new love of cruising and visiting new places!

- This year me and my best friend from cross the pond decided that its time to get the pond out of the way and meet in person. Stacey and I started planning our highly anticipated meet up for 2012. This makes me uber excited! Stacey and I have been friends for years, we skype, email, tweet, and FB each other almost every day and the chance to meet her in person is totally epic!

- I got a new job! For the longest time I felt terrible about myself regarding my employment status. My late high school/early college years were very hard for me for personal reasons. After two years of college the right thing to do was to get a job and move into my own place and figure out who I was as a person. I became a secretary and was one from 2006 to 2011. I always felt that I was not living up to my full potential. I was very depressed about it. Whenever people would ask me what I did for a living I would hate answering "I'm just a secretary..." I knew if someone would just give me a chance I could prove that I was more than that! I am happy to report that someone did give me that chance and I am now an Accounts Manager for a dental office! I was so thrilled about it personally that I think I may have scared some of my co workers with my enthusiasm but I can't tell you what a relief it is to me to have more responsibility and feel like I have a job with a purpose.

These are just a few of the many highlights from 2011. I am looking forward to 2012 and tomorrow I'll have a new post about all the things I'm looking forward to, resolutions, and I promise to update my trip report! :)

Have a fantastic New Years Eve everyone! Be healthy, happy, and safe tonight!

xoxo

2 comments: