Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Pirate's Life for me... Starting as Land Lovers

Let me preface these next few posts with these two disclaimers... First, This trip is still 5 months away. If my plans change please excuse my indecisive, neurotic tendencies. Second, We will only have two days left on our annual passes. I have every intention on using them as much as possible during the two days before we head to Port Canaveral. Adam is well aware that we will be in "run around" mode for the first few days. I promised him that once we are cruising we will be vacationing at a much more relaxed pace. My fingers were crossed, of course, when I made that promise, But I digress.... lets start with day one of our land lover portion of our adventure, shall we?

September 29th, 2011 (Thursday)

I'm hoping that we get the first flight out of Logan Airport that morning. I want to be on the magical express by 10:30am. This is no joke either! We did it on our wedding trip and we were on the magical express by 9:15... It CAN be done! There are a few flights I'm keeping an eye on at the moment. As soon as they come down a bit in price I'm booking!

Photobucket
Here is where we will be staying for two nights, The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge

Once we get to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge and check in we will be going to the Animal Kingdom.

Photobucket

I want to hit the major rides, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro safari, Ect.  I'm hoping to see the Festival of the Lion King show FINALLY! I've always wanted to see the broadway show but things have always come up and it's never happened. This is the next best thing and I'm making it a point to go see it come hell or high water!
Photobucket

I hope that in between the attractions we have time to walk around and enjoy the scenery and animals. But I'm not holding my breath. 

At 3:00 we are going to have to leave Animal Kingdom to head back to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. It'll be time for showers and a wardrobe change before our first ADR. We have a reservation at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort.
Photobucket

We are both extremely excited to eat here! Doesn't it look cozy and rustic on the inside? I've been stalking their menu and everything looks yummy. 

After dinner we're going to finish the day off at Hollywood Studios.
Photobucket
The first thing we are doing is running right towards star tours! I have been a Star Wars geek since I could crawl. Adam hates when I watch them because I end up quoting everything and getting wayyyy too pumped up when the AT-AT walkers come out in the opening scenes of "The Empire Strikes Back". I once did star tours five times in a row with my little cousin while everyone else went to do Tower of Terror. I am so happy that they are updating it and I am optimistic that it's going to be awesome when it's done.
Photobucket

To be honest, after I ride the newly updated star tours, I'm down with whatever hubby wants to do at Hollywood studios. I'm sure we'll hit up the main attractions, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, ect.  We will fit in what we can before the park closes at nine and then we'll head back to the Wilderness Lodge for bed. We will need it for our continuing four parks in two days marathon! :) 

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so. I'm jealous just reading this! =P

    I've always wanted to see Lion King on Broadway too! But I'm poor! haha. ;D
    BTW, I have NEVER been on Star Tours.. ever! Don't even know what the heck it is! ha. =X

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::gasp!:: OMG! Ok you my lovely lady need to go look up "star tours" it is a ride at Hollywood Studios. The ride is in the middle of a much needed face lift and is set to open soon. (not sure the exact date) I believe if you search for it on youtube you can watch the original ride!

    its so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see what Star Tours is like now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't either! From what I've heard it should be really fun! I'll miss the old one but as long as they don't get rid of the AT-AT walker out front i'm ok with the change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun!! I'm sure you'll be able to get done the major things you want to. My boys want to go to Star Wars weekend this summer so I guess we need to pick a weekend to head down. :) Any excuse to go to Disney right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg can I come?!?! I'm dying to go to star wars weekend! Adam thinks i'm such a geek but i'm perfectly fine with that! :)

    ReplyDelete