Saturday, January 7, 2012

Making progress!!

Good morning and happy Saturday everyone!! This weekend is Disney's marathon weekend in WDW!! Good luck to all the runners and I hope to see you there next year!
Just a quick post today since I have a major amount of cleaning and laundry to do. I got up this morning with every intention of going to the gym. I told Adam that I wasn't looking forward to the crowds and he suggested I just run around our neighborhood instead.
My issue with this is, how do I time myself? How do I know how far I went? Didn't know if that was the best idea... Then a light bulb went off..there must be an app for that!!! And sure enough there is! Lol
I downloaded the iMapMyRun app and hit the road! I found a perfect little circuit through my neighborhood that was exactly a mile from the end of my drive way and back. I am happy to report that I did a whole mile in 10 minutes and 46 seconds!! That's so much better than 12 minutes! Plus I ran most of if!
I am so happy with even that little bit of progress. If I keep it up I should be able to run a 5k sooner than I know it!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment